5 Reasons NOT to Engage in Exting
1. Don’t Go Backwards: You left the relationship for a reason, or they left you for a reason. Before you start typing, remind yourself of all of the reasons why the old relationship is no good for you.
2. Bad Energy: When you communicate with a past lover, you are giving your energy to that person. They are suddenly in your thoughts and on your mind. Instead of directing your energy towards being open to a new relationship you are taking up space with your ex. Invite love in! Remove this distraction and clear some space for a new love.
3. Negativity: Many report that they contacted or responded to an ex because they were lonely. Often times this interaction makes one feel bad about themselves or the choice they made. At times it even dredges up all of the old and painful memories of the failed or left relationship.
4. Desperation: Contacting an ex can be looked at as an act of desperation. When you contact your ex you are doing what is comfortable by reuniting with someone you already know and have a history with. We all know there is no growth within complacency or taking the easy road, so shake it up and get out of your comfort zone.
5. You Deserve Better: You deserve to be respected, liked, uplifted, happy, wanted, loved, adored and desired. Are YOU your best self with your ex lover? Do they offer you these things? Are you settling by going backwards? If you believe you deserve a subpar relationship then that is what you will find. Demand more of yourself and of your relationships and the right partner will present himself or herself.
Inviting love in means that you clear the space, the time and the energy to see the right person when they are in front of you. Exting might stoke your ego temporarily, but in most cases moves us backwards. Instead, when you are feeling lonely, call a friend, go to the gym, and offer yourself a new and healthy distraction that connects you back to all of the fulfilling aspects of your own life.