Our bodies change as we age but our interest in sex can stay as active as our minds. If you are in a rut or even a dry spell, let’s think of ways that YOU can start to make positive change towards a healthy sex life.
1. Your partner probably wants physical affection just as much as you, and is most likely feeling similarly in the hesitation to make changes in the bedroom. Take the reigns and INITIATE touch. Not sex right away, but touch. Start making it a point to touch throughout the day so that you both become comfortable again with this form of intimacy.
2. Plan a fun date night and reconnect to the playful site of the relationship which includes conversation other than work and kids.
3. Slip out of your cozy clothes and into something that makes you walk a little taller, feel more attractive and reminds YOU that you are still a sexual being. For some this might be getting out of the yoga pants and into a pair of jeans or a skirt, wear something that fits your personality but that connects you closer to the woman you are.
4. Wear pretty lingerie. When we look at ourselves in the mirror when we are wearing a lacey bra instead of a cotton bra and a pretty lacy pair of panties instead of the kind that hold us in, we can’t help but take notice of our curves and feminine features. We also feel sexier in the presence of our partner. (tip: let your partner know what you are wearing so they too can enjoy the anticipation of sneaking a peek!)
5. Take the plunge! Remind yourself that you are a beautiful woman, curves, cellulite and all. Your partner is most likely not perfect either but together you fit perfectly. Sink into the moment, cast your self doubts out the window and be present with your partner. Love making and orgasms release oxytocin in the brain which fosters bonding between couples. Connecting to your sensual side will not only help your relationship, but it will also help your mood and your confidence.
Be the change you want to see in your relationship and see what wonderful changes can happen!